Hamilton keen for 2013 F1 title showdown with Alonso
London: Ace Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton has claimed he is focused on winning the driver’s championship in 2013 with his new team Mercedes.
Hamilton revealed he is desperate to go toe to toe again with old foe Fernando Alonso for the title glory.
The 28-year-old was speaking as he started work in earnest at his new team based in Brackley.
According to reports, even though the ex-McLaren racer has warned it would take time to gel completely at Mercedes, fans are desperate to see the two giants of motorsport thrashing it out all year for a world title.
Hamilton has been cautious with his predictions for the coming season, but the Spaniard reckoned his rival will not only win a race, but more than one.
Mutual respect has grown as the years have rolled away from their bitter rivalry as teammates at McLaren when they wrecked each other’s qualifying sessions and clashed on the track.
Alonso quit the team but time has healed the years of animosity that has followed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note