Hamilton keen for 2013 F1 title showdown with Alonso
London: Ace Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton has claimed he is focused on winning the driver’s championship in 2013 with his new team Mercedes.
Hamilton revealed he is desperate to go toe to toe again with old foe Fernando Alonso for the title glory.
The 28-year-old was speaking as he started work in earnest at his new team based in Brackley.
According to reports, even though the ex-McLaren racer has warned it would take time to gel completely at Mercedes, fans are desperate to see the two giants of motorsport thrashing it out all year for a world title.
Hamilton has been cautious with his predictions for the coming season, but the Spaniard reckoned his rival will not only win a race, but more than one.
Mutual respect has grown as the years have rolled away from their bitter rivalry as teammates at McLaren when they wrecked each other’s qualifying sessions and clashed on the track.
Alonso quit the team but time has healed the years of animosity that has followed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger? - Part II
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger? - Part III
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note
- AgustaWestland probe will focus on names in Italy court judgement, says Manohar Parrikar
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain