Hamilton keen for 2013 F1 title showdown with Alonso
London: Ace Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton has claimed he is focused on winning the driver’s championship in 2013 with his new team Mercedes.
Hamilton revealed he is desperate to go toe to toe again with old foe Fernando Alonso for the title glory.
The 28-year-old was speaking as he started work in earnest at his new team based in Brackley.
According to reports, even though the ex-McLaren racer has warned it would take time to gel completely at Mercedes, fans are desperate to see the two giants of motorsport thrashing it out all year for a world title.
Hamilton has been cautious with his predictions for the coming season, but the Spaniard reckoned his rival will not only win a race, but more than one.
Mutual respect has grown as the years have rolled away from their bitter rivalry as teammates at McLaren when they wrecked each other’s qualifying sessions and clashed on the track.
Alonso quit the team but time has healed the years of animosity that has followed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot