Hamilton, Mercedes bosses doubtful of repeating 2012 Chinese Grand Prix victory
London: Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton and the Mercedes bosses have expressed their doubts about their side winning at the Chinese Grand Prix this season like they did last year with Nico Rosberg at the helm.
Hamilton`s team-mate Rosberg took a commanding victory from pole position at Shanghai in 2012, which, however, turned out to be a one-off, with Mercedes fading badly later in the season.
Dismissing speculations that an action replay might be on the cards in China due to Mercedes` strong start to the season, Hamilton said that last year was different for the team as then it was on a unique situation at the track and had got everything right.
According to the Mercedes driver, the tyres for their cars are different than last year`s, adding that `running away` with a Chinese Grand Prix win may not be the case this year.
However, Hamilton further said that his and Rosberg`s cars have worked well in China till now and may bring a similar result like last year`s win, adding that Mercedes is now the second best F1 team after Red Bull.
Agreeing with Hamilton`s stance about a doubtful position in China, Mercedes boss Toto Wolff also warned that the team must keep their expectations in check, adding that they have started again from zero this year and need to work hard to adapt the car to suit the circuit and the available tyre compounds.
Stating that his side has made a good start to the season with the first two races with high-level performances from both Hamilton and Rosberg, Wolff further said that the development race will be critical for which the team has more new parts planned for China.
Wolff further said that the aim of the team is to improve on their good start this season and continue to score good points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!