Hamilton, Mercedes bosses doubtful of repeating 2012 Chinese Grand Prix victory
London: Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton and the Mercedes bosses have expressed their doubts about their side winning at the Chinese Grand Prix this season like they did last year with Nico Rosberg at the helm.
Hamilton`s team-mate Rosberg took a commanding victory from pole position at Shanghai in 2012, which, however, turned out to be a one-off, with Mercedes fading badly later in the season.
Dismissing speculations that an action replay might be on the cards in China due to Mercedes` strong start to the season, Hamilton said that last year was different for the team as then it was on a unique situation at the track and had got everything right.
According to the Mercedes driver, the tyres for their cars are different than last year`s, adding that `running away` with a Chinese Grand Prix win may not be the case this year.
However, Hamilton further said that his and Rosberg`s cars have worked well in China till now and may bring a similar result like last year`s win, adding that Mercedes is now the second best F1 team after Red Bull.
Agreeing with Hamilton`s stance about a doubtful position in China, Mercedes boss Toto Wolff also warned that the team must keep their expectations in check, adding that they have started again from zero this year and need to work hard to adapt the car to suit the circuit and the available tyre compounds.
Stating that his side has made a good start to the season with the first two races with high-level performances from both Hamilton and Rosberg, Wolff further said that the development race will be critical for which the team has more new parts planned for China.
Wolff further said that the aim of the team is to improve on their good start this season and continue to score good points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth