Hamilton rests hopes on new Pirelli tyres to win Championship following German GP disaster
London: Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton is hoping that the new tyres Pirelli is going to introduce starting with the Hungarian GP would give him a favourable advantage, with the star lashing out at the management once again after failing in his pursuit of victory at the German Grand Prix, where he started from pole position.
Hamilton was not happy with how his car was a disaster on heavy fuel loads and said that for some reason it did not work on the tyres it used currently.
Last week, many cars had experienced tyre problems at Silverstone, which had forced Pirelli to use new tyres for the German Grand Prix, with many racers even threatening to boycott the race.
The Englishman finished at fifth place at Nurburgring, and is now 58 points behind the season leader Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town