Hamilton says F1 legend Ayrton Senna inspired his style of driving
London: Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton has said that Formula One legend Ayrton Senna inspired his driving style and that his whole approach to racing has developed from watching him race.
Hamilton said that he started watching the Formula One races with his dad when he was just a kid and at the time Senna and Alain Prost were the leaders of the pact and they immediately caught his attention.
The 2008 Formula One world champion said that Senna, who passed away 20 years ago, had been helped by his dad into karting in the same way as Hamilton, the BBC reported.
But the most important fact, Hamilton added, for him is the fact that Senna had been just an out-and-out racer and the Mercedes driver can really identify with it and that is the reason he feels connected with the legend since he had been a kid.
Hamilton, who wore an Ayrton Senna design helmet during the 2011 Brazilian Grand Prix , said that people sometimes say that he has got an aggressive style, but that is not all just he himself as he feels it could be partly because he watched Senna when he had been a young kid and wanted to drive like the legend.
Hamilton said that he only met Senna once, the year before the legend passed away, but it has left a lasting impression on the Formula One racer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city