Hamilton says F1 legend Ayrton Senna inspired his style of driving
London: Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton has said that Formula One legend Ayrton Senna inspired his driving style and that his whole approach to racing has developed from watching him race.
Hamilton said that he started watching the Formula One races with his dad when he was just a kid and at the time Senna and Alain Prost were the leaders of the pact and they immediately caught his attention.
The 2008 Formula One world champion said that Senna, who passed away 20 years ago, had been helped by his dad into karting in the same way as Hamilton, the BBC reported.
But the most important fact, Hamilton added, for him is the fact that Senna had been just an out-and-out racer and the Mercedes driver can really identify with it and that is the reason he feels connected with the legend since he had been a kid.
Hamilton, who wore an Ayrton Senna design helmet during the 2011 Brazilian Grand Prix , said that people sometimes say that he has got an aggressive style, but that is not all just he himself as he feels it could be partly because he watched Senna when he had been a young kid and wanted to drive like the legend.
Hamilton said that he only met Senna once, the year before the legend passed away, but it has left a lasting impression on the Formula One racer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official