Hamilton says F1 legend Ayrton Senna inspired his style of driving
London: Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton has said that Formula One legend Ayrton Senna inspired his driving style and that his whole approach to racing has developed from watching him race.
Hamilton said that he started watching the Formula One races with his dad when he was just a kid and at the time Senna and Alain Prost were the leaders of the pact and they immediately caught his attention.
The 2008 Formula One world champion said that Senna, who passed away 20 years ago, had been helped by his dad into karting in the same way as Hamilton, the BBC reported.
But the most important fact, Hamilton added, for him is the fact that Senna had been just an out-and-out racer and the Mercedes driver can really identify with it and that is the reason he feels connected with the legend since he had been a kid.
Hamilton, who wore an Ayrton Senna design helmet during the 2011 Brazilian Grand Prix , said that people sometimes say that he has got an aggressive style, but that is not all just he himself as he feels it could be partly because he watched Senna when he had been a young kid and wanted to drive like the legend.
Hamilton said that he only met Senna once, the year before the legend passed away, but it has left a lasting impression on the Formula One racer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks