Hamilton says he is still in title race post Maldonado crash ‘blip’
London: McLaren ace driver Lewis Hamilton has said his crash with Williams Pastor Maldonado was just a blip and he is still in this year championship title race.
For the third time in 13 months, Hamilton and Maldonado were involved in a major incident, with the McLaren star shunted into a wall by the Venezuelan on the penultimate lap of last Sunday``s European Grand Prix in Valencia.
Hamilton, who trails Ferrari``s Fernando Alonso by 23 points in the drivers`` standings ahead of next Sunday``s British Grand Prix, says he has put the latest collision behind him.
“``I``m just going to move forward. Sometimes you have to accept when things don``t go your way in racing,” a newspaper quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“As far as I``m concerned I``m still in the battle for the title and there``s still a long, long way to go. I``ve been massively con sistent all the way up to this point and in terms of my preparation and my approach I will continue to do the same,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'