Hamilton says he is still in title race post Maldonado crash ‘blip’
London: McLaren ace driver Lewis Hamilton has said his crash with Williams Pastor Maldonado was just a blip and he is still in this year championship title race.
For the third time in 13 months, Hamilton and Maldonado were involved in a major incident, with the McLaren star shunted into a wall by the Venezuelan on the penultimate lap of last Sunday``s European Grand Prix in Valencia.
Hamilton, who trails Ferrari``s Fernando Alonso by 23 points in the drivers`` standings ahead of next Sunday``s British Grand Prix, says he has put the latest collision behind him.
“``I``m just going to move forward. Sometimes you have to accept when things don``t go your way in racing,” a newspaper quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“As far as I``m concerned I``m still in the battle for the title and there``s still a long, long way to go. I``ve been massively con sistent all the way up to this point and in terms of my preparation and my approach I will continue to do the same,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- SSC CGL Official Notification 2017 expected to be released soon at ssc.nic.in