Hamilton says missing tyre test at Silverstone may `blind` Mercedes
London: Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton thinks his team should not have been banned from testing at Silverstone, and said that they might be ``blind`` at Hungarian Grand Prix because of the lost opportunity to test new Pirelli tyres.
According to the Mirror, Mercedes was banned from the Silverstone testing event because they had taken part in an illegal three-day tyre test in Spain.
Hamilton opined that the lack of durability of the tyres on their car at the last two rounds in Silverstone and Germany proved they had not gained extra knowledge or an advantage at Barcelona, the report said.
The report added that the ban would leave the team as the only one who would not get to experience the new tyres before the Budapest race at the end of the month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai