Hamilton says missing tyre test at Silverstone may `blind` Mercedes
London: Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton thinks his team should not have been banned from testing at Silverstone, and said that they might be ``blind`` at Hungarian Grand Prix because of the lost opportunity to test new Pirelli tyres.
According to the Mirror, Mercedes was banned from the Silverstone testing event because they had taken part in an illegal three-day tyre test in Spain.
Hamilton opined that the lack of durability of the tyres on their car at the last two rounds in Silverstone and Germany proved they had not gained extra knowledge or an advantage at Barcelona, the report said.
The report added that the ban would leave the team as the only one who would not get to experience the new tyres before the Budapest race at the end of the month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!