Hamilton says missing tyre test at Silverstone may `blind` Mercedes
London: Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton thinks his team should not have been banned from testing at Silverstone, and said that they might be ``blind`` at Hungarian Grand Prix because of the lost opportunity to test new Pirelli tyres.
According to the Mirror, Mercedes was banned from the Silverstone testing event because they had taken part in an illegal three-day tyre test in Spain.
Hamilton opined that the lack of durability of the tyres on their car at the last two rounds in Silverstone and Germany proved they had not gained extra knowledge or an advantage at Barcelona, the report said.
The report added that the ban would leave the team as the only one who would not get to experience the new tyres before the Budapest race at the end of the month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened