Hamilton set to challenge for F1 title this season with improved car
London: Mercedes ace Lewis Hamilton has admitted for the first time, that his team could challenge for the Formula One championship this season. He also hailed the significant improvement made by the Brackley-based outfit.
Hamilton has spent the winter playing down claims that he can fight for wins after moving to the under- performing team, but now, both he and team-mate Nico Rosberg have revealed the true speed of their new motor, which will start alarm bells for their rivals including McLaren, who are way off the pace.
Hamilton said he is massively excited to be up there, when you look at the times, adding over the years at McLaren he has always been up there and to think he has made this big step, people were talking him up.
The Brit added to be as competitive as they are is a real plus, adding the really positive thing is, the car is competitive. Hamilton said he can`t believe but the people in the Mercedes team have done an incredible job, adding they have been making improvements and he feels really confident they can challenge this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video