Hamilton set to challenge for F1 title this season with improved car
London: Mercedes ace Lewis Hamilton has admitted for the first time, that his team could challenge for the Formula One championship this season. He also hailed the significant improvement made by the Brackley-based outfit.
Hamilton has spent the winter playing down claims that he can fight for wins after moving to the under- performing team, but now, both he and team-mate Nico Rosberg have revealed the true speed of their new motor, which will start alarm bells for their rivals including McLaren, who are way off the pace.
Hamilton said he is massively excited to be up there, when you look at the times, adding over the years at McLaren he has always been up there and to think he has made this big step, people were talking him up.
The Brit added to be as competitive as they are is a real plus, adding the really positive thing is, the car is competitive. Hamilton said he can`t believe but the people in the Mercedes team have done an incredible job, adding they have been making improvements and he feels really confident they can challenge this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli steps down
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top