Hamilton shakes up management team ahead of new season
London: Formula One racer Lewis Hamilton has shaken up his management team ahead of the new season, by hiring Tom Shine and parting company with key man Didier Coton. The Frenchman, who had previously managed double champion Mika Hakkinen, had been bought in by manager Simon Fuller to streamline Hamilton`s affairs after they were taken out of McLaren`s hands.
But he has lasted just one season. Instead, the 28-year-old Mercedes ace has bought in Shine from XIX Entertainment to handle his day-to-day affairs. A source close to Hamilton said it was the latter`s decision, and added that Tom is very experienced but Simon Fuller will still be the main man. Hamilton has seen Toto Wolff and Niki Lauda arrive at Mercedes since he moved there. Then there was turmoil as team chief Ross Brawn blocked plans to replace him with McLaren`s top technical man Paddy Lowe. But it`s all change for Lewis with a new team, a 25 million-dollar Bombardier jet and a bulldog puppy called Roscoe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened