Hamilton storms to pole position in Malaysia
Sepang: Lewis Hamilton put his McLaren on pole for the Malaysian Grand Prix on Saturday, as the team locked up the front row of the starting grid for the second race in a row.
The Briton clocked one minute, 36.219 seconds in the third round of qualifying and will line up alongside Melbourne winner Jenson Button, who finished 0.149 seconds behind.
Michael Schumacher was third fastest in his Mercedes with Red Bull`s Mark Webber completing the second row of the grid in fourth.
World champion Sebastian Vettel finished sixth but will be promoted one place above Kimi Raikkonen`s Lotus, who finished ahead of the German but will lose five places on the grid for changing his gearbox.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea