Hamilton storms to pole position in Malaysia
Sepang: Lewis Hamilton put his McLaren on pole for the Malaysian Grand Prix on Saturday, as the team locked up the front row of the starting grid for the second race in a row.
The Briton clocked one minute, 36.219 seconds in the third round of qualifying and will line up alongside Melbourne winner Jenson Button, who finished 0.149 seconds behind.
Michael Schumacher was third fastest in his Mercedes with Red Bull`s Mark Webber completing the second row of the grid in fourth.
World champion Sebastian Vettel finished sixth but will be promoted one place above Kimi Raikkonen`s Lotus, who finished ahead of the German but will lose five places on the grid for changing his gearbox.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical