Hamilton storms to pole position in Malaysia
Sepang: Lewis Hamilton put his McLaren on pole for the Malaysian Grand Prix on Saturday, as the team locked up the front row of the starting grid for the second race in a row.
The Briton clocked one minute, 36.219 seconds in the third round of qualifying and will line up alongside Melbourne winner Jenson Button, who finished 0.149 seconds behind.
Michael Schumacher was third fastest in his Mercedes with Red Bull`s Mark Webber completing the second row of the grid in fourth.
World champion Sebastian Vettel finished sixth but will be promoted one place above Kimi Raikkonen`s Lotus, who finished ahead of the German but will lose five places on the grid for changing his gearbox.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves