Hamilton wins Hungarian Grand Prix
Budapest, Hungary: Lewis Hamilton won the Hungarian Grand Prix on Sunday, prolonging McLaren`s dominance on the slow and winding Hungaroring circuit.
Hamilton completed Sunday`s race in 1 hour, 41 minutes, 5.503 seconds — more than a second ahead of Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen. Romain Grosjean, also of Lotus, was third. It was McLaren`s sixth win here in eight years.
Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso, who finished fifth, leads the championship with 164 points, followed by the Red Bull duo of Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel. Hamilton is fourth.
The race was cut to 69 laps from 70, after an extra positioning lap was added when Michael Schumacher`s Mercedes stalled on the starting grid.
The Hungaroring race is the last event before a month-long summer break, resuming with the Belgian Grand Prix on Sept. 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore