Hamilton’s future at McLaren still under cloud despite Canada GP triumph
London: The future of McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton, who won the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday, is still doubtful following McLaren chairman Ron Dennis’ intriguing comments regarding the driver’s future.
“He’s going to look at [where he can go], we’re going to look at who’s available,” The Telegraph quoted Dennis, as saying.
It is implicit that McLaren are desperate to keep him, but Dennis’s comments made it sound as if his team has plenty of options to replace the 2008 champion.
Dennis pointed out on Sunday that Hamilton “is at the end of a contract which was signed at a time when the economy was somewhat different and now there has to be a balance between that”.
It may be that both sides end up making concessions, with Hamilton accepting a lower basic salary in exchange for greater freedom to take on personal sponsors and projects, something McLaren have always been reluctant to allow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'