Hamilton’s future at McLaren still under cloud despite Canada GP triumph
London: The future of McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton, who won the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday, is still doubtful following McLaren chairman Ron Dennis’ intriguing comments regarding the driver’s future.
“He’s going to look at [where he can go], we’re going to look at who’s available,” The Telegraph quoted Dennis, as saying.
It is implicit that McLaren are desperate to keep him, but Dennis’s comments made it sound as if his team has plenty of options to replace the 2008 champion.
Dennis pointed out on Sunday that Hamilton “is at the end of a contract which was signed at a time when the economy was somewhat different and now there has to be a balance between that”.
It may be that both sides end up making concessions, with Hamilton accepting a lower basic salary in exchange for greater freedom to take on personal sponsors and projects, something McLaren have always been reluctant to allow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened