Hamilton’s mission is to stop Alonso at Brazil Grand Prix
London: Lewis Hamilton has said that he will relish a renewal of motor racing hostilities this weekend against Fernando Alonso, the man with whom he fought a bitter in-team battle on and off the track.
Alonso, who quit McLaren after just one season in disgust at not being given No1 status over rookie Hamilton, has a 21-point lead on him as they go into the penultimate grand prix this weekend.
After coming second to Alonso in Korea last week, Hamilton is hoping he will be close enough again in Sao Paulo to prevent the Ferrari driver clinching the championship.
t a karting event in Milton Keynes that was organised by Vodafone VIP before he flew to Sao Paulo, Hamilton was asked if he had a favourite driver to race against.
“Fernando,” came the emphatic reply.
“Partly because of our history. He was two-time world champion when I was the rookie and it was great racing him. And he’s one of the toughest competitors I’ve ever competed against,” the Daily Express quoted Hamilton, as saying.
He further added: “I’ve not had the chance to have races with too many people. I’ve not had any battles with Jenson Button this year and we have been dying to have one.”
Hamilton is on 210 points in third place in the title race with Red Bull’s Mark Webber on 220 and Alonso on 231.
It was in Brazil that Hamilton clinched his title two years ago. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof