Has Kimi Raikkonen rejoined Ferrari?
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
New Delhi: Kimi Raikkonen has reportedly struck a deal with former employer Ferrari and is set to rejoin the Italian outfit with whom he won the F1 world championship in 2007.
According to various reports, Raikkonen signed for Ferrari after its president’s Luca Di Montezemolo approved the deal which means that Felipe Massa’s eight-year spell at the team will finally come to an end.
Lotus, Raikkonen’s current team, was unable to meet his demands and expectations which resulted in the 33-year-old agreeing a move to join Alonso at Ferrari that was already searching for a suitable replacement for Massa.
Interestingly, it was Raikkonen who had to make way for Alonso in 2009 after spending three years with Ferrari.
Lotus will reportedly replace the Finnish driver with Nico Hulkenburg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price