Has Kimi Raikkonen rejoined Ferrari?
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
New Delhi: Kimi Raikkonen has reportedly struck a deal with former employer Ferrari and is set to rejoin the Italian outfit with whom he won the F1 world championship in 2007.
According to various reports, Raikkonen signed for Ferrari after its president’s Luca Di Montezemolo approved the deal which means that Felipe Massa’s eight-year spell at the team will finally come to an end.
Lotus, Raikkonen’s current team, was unable to meet his demands and expectations which resulted in the 33-year-old agreeing a move to join Alonso at Ferrari that was already searching for a suitable replacement for Massa.
Interestingly, it was Raikkonen who had to make way for Alonso in 2009 after spending three years with Ferrari.
Lotus will reportedly replace the Finnish driver with Nico Hulkenburg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love