Has Kimi Raikkonen rejoined Ferrari?
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
New Delhi: Kimi Raikkonen has reportedly struck a deal with former employer Ferrari and is set to rejoin the Italian outfit with whom he won the F1 world championship in 2007.
According to various reports, Raikkonen signed for Ferrari after its president’s Luca Di Montezemolo approved the deal which means that Felipe Massa’s eight-year spell at the team will finally come to an end.
Lotus, Raikkonen’s current team, was unable to meet his demands and expectations which resulted in the 33-year-old agreeing a move to join Alonso at Ferrari that was already searching for a suitable replacement for Massa.
Interestingly, it was Raikkonen who had to make way for Alonso in 2009 after spending three years with Ferrari.
Lotus will reportedly replace the Finnish driver with Nico Hulkenburg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal