Homologation completes for India`s F1 track
New Delhi: The homologation process for the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) has completed with the end of a two-day medical inspection by an FIA team.
FIA`s medical expert Jean Charles Piette led a three-member team and checked the mini hospital at the BIC in Greater Noida yesterday apart from visiting the nearby Fortis and Apollo hospitals, with whom the organisers have tied up for the October 30 race.
Jaypee Sports International (JPSI) senior vice President Askari Zaidi said the FIA team has given a green signal to all the medical arrangements.
"Getting these two certificates were important. Earlier Race Director Charlie Whiting cleared the track and now the medical experts of the FIA have also expressed satisfaction at all the medical things. We`ll get both the certificates," Zaidi said.
"There are certain FIA Guidelines according to which well equipped hospitals are required during the race. They saw the arrangements and found them okay."
Zaidi said two helicopters will always be present at the circuit to meet any eventuality.
"There may be an accident and some driver can get injured. FIA is very particular about safety of the drivers and we have told them that helicopters can land at Apollo hospital, in case it`s needed," Zaidi said.
The FIA teams will continue to have a look at the facilities in future as the Media Centre and some other things are yet to be looked into.
Dr Amjad Obeid (CMO - BIC) and Dr Dina Shah (Dy. CMO - BIC) also accompanied Prof. Piette during the inspection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’