Homologation completes for India`s F1 track
New Delhi: The homologation process for the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) has completed with the end of a two-day medical inspection by an FIA team.
FIA`s medical expert Jean Charles Piette led a three-member team and checked the mini hospital at the BIC in Greater Noida yesterday apart from visiting the nearby Fortis and Apollo hospitals, with whom the organisers have tied up for the October 30 race.
Jaypee Sports International (JPSI) senior vice President Askari Zaidi said the FIA team has given a green signal to all the medical arrangements.
"Getting these two certificates were important. Earlier Race Director Charlie Whiting cleared the track and now the medical experts of the FIA have also expressed satisfaction at all the medical things. We`ll get both the certificates," Zaidi said.
"There are certain FIA Guidelines according to which well equipped hospitals are required during the race. They saw the arrangements and found them okay."
Zaidi said two helicopters will always be present at the circuit to meet any eventuality.
"There may be an accident and some driver can get injured. FIA is very particular about safety of the drivers and we have told them that helicopters can land at Apollo hospital, in case it`s needed," Zaidi said.
The FIA teams will continue to have a look at the facilities in future as the Media Centre and some other things are yet to be looked into.
Dr Amjad Obeid (CMO - BIC) and Dr Dina Shah (Dy. CMO - BIC) also accompanied Prof. Piette during the inspection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly