Hrithik Roshan Jaypee`s choice for waving the flag
Greater Noida: Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan is the star the Jaypee Group, the organisers of the Formula One Indian Grand Prix, have chosen to wave the chequered flag Sunday while Sachin Tendulkar, who did the honours last year, will not be there to watch the race.
"We have recommended Hrithik`s name and we expect to get the approval for his name from Fomula One Management (FOM) and as well as Bernie Eccletone," a highly-placed source in the Jaypee Group told IANS.
Hrithik is among many celebrities flocking to the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) to witness the second edition of the Indian GP.
Sachin, a motor sports enthusiast, decided to skip the race and instead practice with the Mumbai cricket team ahead of the Ranji Trophy match against the Railways.
Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni will also give the race a miss while his teammates Yuvraj Singh, Virat Kohli and Harbhajan Singh are expected at the BIC, said the source. Former Sri Lanka captain Kumar Sangakkara, too, has confirmed his presence.
Indian tennis star Sania Mirza and her Pakistani cricketer husband Shoaib Malik will be be there as Sahara Force India`s guests.
Among other Bollywood actors likely to be present are Arjun Rampal, Sonakshi Sinha and Ajay Devgn.
The organisers are hoping Sports Minister Ajay Maken also shows up at the event.
"We sent him the invite long time ago. We are confident he will come this time," said the source.
Maken did not attend the inaugural race last year as he was reportedly not extended the invitation well in time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment