HRT F1 team is up for sale
Madrid: HRT Formula One team is up for sale, its owners Thesan Capital has announced 16 months after buying a majority stake in the Spanish outfit from Jose Ramon Carabante.
HRT are yet to score a point since joining F1 in 2010. The owners are hoping to find new investors in the coming weeks.
"The current owners of HRT want to confirm they are holding talks with several groups interested in buying the team. They hope to close the sale agreement over the coming weeks and allow the team to move forward," read a statement on HRT`s website.
"We believe the moment to let new investors come through for HRT has arrived.”
"We`re convinced that the sporting potential of the team is huge and that the presence of new investors can give it a big boost," the statement added.
The team is currently 12th in the constructor standings, having finished 11th in the first two seasons. Its drivers are India`s Narain Karthikeyan and the experienced Pedro de la Rosa of Spain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price