HRT F1 team is up for sale
Madrid: HRT Formula One team is up for sale, its owners Thesan Capital has announced 16 months after buying a majority stake in the Spanish outfit from Jose Ramon Carabante.
HRT are yet to score a point since joining F1 in 2010. The owners are hoping to find new investors in the coming weeks.
"The current owners of HRT want to confirm they are holding talks with several groups interested in buying the team. They hope to close the sale agreement over the coming weeks and allow the team to move forward," read a statement on HRT`s website.
"We believe the moment to let new investors come through for HRT has arrived.”
"We`re convinced that the sporting potential of the team is huge and that the presence of new investors can give it a big boost," the statement added.
The team is currently 12th in the constructor standings, having finished 11th in the first two seasons. Its drivers are India`s Narain Karthikeyan and the experienced Pedro de la Rosa of Spain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report