Hulkenberg qualifies 14th, di Resta 11th for British GP
Silverstone: None of the drivers of cwill start in top-10 in tomorrow`s British Grand Prix as Paul di Resta missed out on Q3 just by a whisker and Nico Hulkenberg despite securing ninth position will start from 14th due to a gear box penalty.
Di Resta was almost in Q3 but was bumped into by Romain Grosjean, who spun but got away since his timing in that lap was not an improvement on his previous best.
Di Resta, for whom it is a home race, will start the race in 11th position.
Ferrai`s Fernando Alonso took pole in the qualifying session, that took more than two and a half hours to complete due to wet conditions.
Hulkenberg had secured ninth position but copped a five-place grid penalty due to change in gear box.
"It was a very long session with the delay, but I think I made the most of the conditions in Q1 and Q2. But I don`t understand where the pace went in Q3 when I was on the intermediates because the car felt more tricky to drive and the laptime didn`t come so easy. I was actually hoping for a better position in Q3 than P9, especially with the five-place penalty I have for tomorrow," Hulkenberg said.
"We actually took a bit of gamble on the qualifying session being dry and that`s the direction we took with the set-up, but it made driving very difficult in today`s wet conditions.
"I think some other cars went more aggressive with a full wet set-up so hopefully my gamble will come back to me tomorrow in the race. Of course I would like to be starting further towards the front, but we are going into the race with a lot of unknowns in terms of set-up data and tyre performance. Anything is possible in the race and we won`t give up," Di Resta said.
India`s Narain Karthikeyan will start the race in 23rd position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir