Hulkenberg to leave Force India for Sauber
Yeongam (South Korea): Sahara Force India`s Nico Hulkenberg will be driving for Sauber in the 2013 Formula One season, a report Sunday.
The report said Mexican Esteban Gutierrez will be Hulkenberg`s teammate next year, leaving Kamui Kobayashi without a seat.
Kobayashi`s current teammate at Sauber, Sergio Perez, will be shifting to McLaren in 2013.
"Sauber have not yet officially confirmed Hulkenberg but the deal is understood already to be done," said the report.
The report also claimed that former Force India driver Adrian Sutil is in the reckoning to be Hulkenberg`s replacement at the Silverstone-based team. Force India parted ways with Sutil last year and elevated Hulkenberg from the role of a reserve.
The report added that Kobayashi, former Toro Rosso driver Sebastien Buemi and Jamie Alguersuari are also in the running for the Force India seat.
Hulkenberg and Paul di Resta form the current line-up for Force India.
When asked about his future, Hulkenberg told IANS: "I really enjoy this team (Force India), I know everybody really well and I enjoy working with the guys. At the moment my focus is simply on 2012 and doing the best job I can."
Hulkenberg battled through the 55-lap race to finish sixth in the Korean Grand Prix here Sunday, pushing him to 12th spot in the drivers` championship with 45 points from 16 rounds. Di Resta is a a place below the German with 44 points.
Force India are in seventh place in the constructors` championship with 89 points, behind Sauber on 116.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city