Hulkenberg to start 8th in Korean Grand Prix
Yeongnam: Sahara Force India driver Nico Hulkenberg will start eighth, while his teammate will line up at 14th on the grid in Sunday’s Korean Grand Prix here.
Hulkenberg clocked 1:38.266 in Q3 after going through a bit of "struggle" in the Q1 and Q2.
"It was not an easy qualifying session, but in the end everything went to plan. I did struggle in Q1 and Q2, and I`ve been fighting some understeer in the car all weekend, especially through the first sector," said Hulkenberg.
"We never really managed to dial it out of the car, but it didn`t hurt us too much because I was able to pull together two good laps and that was enough to get me up to eighth.
"The times were very close and I think it will be the same tomorrow, but our long-run performance looks competitive so I think we can definitely race the people around us and come away with points," he added.
Di Resta, who couldn`t make the cut for Q3, clocking 1:38.643 in Q2, said he was disappointed.
"The car was capable of Q3 today but once again my lap in Q2 was compromised by traffic. There were some cars backing off in the last three corners and that cost me those crucial tenths I needed to make Q3.
"So I`m a little bit disappointed because I didn`t get the most from the session. We are out of position on the grid, but there`s still all to play for in the race because the car was very strong yesterday during the long runs and we can be confident going into the race," he said.
Red Bull made it a one-two at the start with Mark Webber grabbing the pole position and Sebastian Vettel in second. Ferrari`s Lewis Hamilton completed the top three on the grid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31