Hulkenberg to start 8th in Korean Grand Prix
Yeongnam: Sahara Force India driver Nico Hulkenberg will start eighth, while his teammate will line up at 14th on the grid in Sunday’s Korean Grand Prix here.
Hulkenberg clocked 1:38.266 in Q3 after going through a bit of "struggle" in the Q1 and Q2.
"It was not an easy qualifying session, but in the end everything went to plan. I did struggle in Q1 and Q2, and I`ve been fighting some understeer in the car all weekend, especially through the first sector," said Hulkenberg.
"We never really managed to dial it out of the car, but it didn`t hurt us too much because I was able to pull together two good laps and that was enough to get me up to eighth.
"The times were very close and I think it will be the same tomorrow, but our long-run performance looks competitive so I think we can definitely race the people around us and come away with points," he added.
Di Resta, who couldn`t make the cut for Q3, clocking 1:38.643 in Q2, said he was disappointed.
"The car was capable of Q3 today but once again my lap in Q2 was compromised by traffic. There were some cars backing off in the last three corners and that cost me those crucial tenths I needed to make Q3.
"So I`m a little bit disappointed because I didn`t get the most from the session. We are out of position on the grid, but there`s still all to play for in the race because the car was very strong yesterday during the long runs and we can be confident going into the race," he said.
Red Bull made it a one-two at the start with Mark Webber grabbing the pole position and Sebastian Vettel in second. Ferrari`s Lewis Hamilton completed the top three on the grid.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview