Hulkenberg to start at 5th row in Monaco GP, di Resta at 7th
Monte Carlo: Nico Hulkenberg and his team-mate Paul Di Resta will start at the fifth and seventh rows respectively at the grid tomorrow as the Sahara Force India team had a decent qualifying session at the Monaco Formula One Grand Prix on Saturday.
Hulkenberg qualified in P11 ahead of Di Resta in P15. With a grid penalty for Pastor Maldonado of Renault, both the Sahara Force India drivers moved up a place on the starting grid.
Hulkenberg, who clocked 1:15.418 in Q1 and 1:15.421 in Q2, said he was happy with the qualifying session.
"I had a pretty good run in both Q1 and Q2 ? managing to avoid the traffic and my quick lap in Q2 was pretty neat so I don`t think I could have found more time. In fact, I almost set identical laptimes in Q1 and Q2.
"So I`m pretty happy with where I`m starting and hopefully we can come away with some points tomorrow. It`s always a fun race, a special place to be and we will be pushing hard to maximise the strategy and get a strong result," said the German.
Di Resta, who clocked 1:16.062 in Q1 and 1:15.718 in Q2, though admitted he will have a tough task to collect points tomorrow.
"I felt pretty happy with the balance of the car during FP2 on Thursday, but unfortunately it didn`t carry over for qualifying. We haven`t changed much on the car, but I was struggling with the rear and with traction.
"So I`m not as far up the grid as I would like to be and it leaves us with a hard task tomorrow, especially because it`s so difficult to overtake here. But we also know that Monaco can be an unpredictable race and I hope the strategy can help us fight back tomorrow," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report