Hungarian Grand Prix: Mark Webber clocks fastest time at final practice
Budapest, Hungary: Mark Webber of Red Bull set the best time in the third and final practice session ahead of qualifying on Saturday for the Hungarian Grand Prix.
Webber`s time of 1 minute, 21.550 seconds edged Lewis Hamilton of McLaren by just .093 seconds. The other Red Bull driver, two-time defending champion Sebastian Vettel, was third.
Championship leader Fernando Alonso of Ferrari was fifth, behind Williams driver Bruno Senna.
Red Bull`s performance greatly improved on their results at Friday`s two practices, when Vettel achieved the team`s best position with eighth place in the second session.
Alonso has 154 points after 10 of 20 races, 34 ahead of Webber and 44 ahead of Vettel.
Sunday`s race at the Hungaroring leads into a monthlong summer break before the Belgian Grand Prix on Sept. 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!