Hungarian Grand Prix: Mark Webber clocks fastest time at final practice
Budapest, Hungary: Mark Webber of Red Bull set the best time in the third and final practice session ahead of qualifying on Saturday for the Hungarian Grand Prix.
Webber`s time of 1 minute, 21.550 seconds edged Lewis Hamilton of McLaren by just .093 seconds. The other Red Bull driver, two-time defending champion Sebastian Vettel, was third.
Championship leader Fernando Alonso of Ferrari was fifth, behind Williams driver Bruno Senna.
Red Bull`s performance greatly improved on their results at Friday`s two practices, when Vettel achieved the team`s best position with eighth place in the second session.
Alonso has 154 points after 10 of 20 races, 34 ahead of Webber and 44 ahead of Vettel.
Sunday`s race at the Hungaroring leads into a monthlong summer break before the Belgian Grand Prix on Sept. 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC