Hungarian Grand Prix: Mark Webber clocks fastest time at final practice
Budapest, Hungary: Mark Webber of Red Bull set the best time in the third and final practice session ahead of qualifying on Saturday for the Hungarian Grand Prix.
Webber`s time of 1 minute, 21.550 seconds edged Lewis Hamilton of McLaren by just .093 seconds. The other Red Bull driver, two-time defending champion Sebastian Vettel, was third.
Championship leader Fernando Alonso of Ferrari was fifth, behind Williams driver Bruno Senna.
Red Bull`s performance greatly improved on their results at Friday`s two practices, when Vettel achieved the team`s best position with eighth place in the second session.
Alonso has 154 points after 10 of 20 races, 34 ahead of Webber and 44 ahead of Vettel.
Sunday`s race at the Hungaroring leads into a monthlong summer break before the Belgian Grand Prix on Sept. 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!