I don’t remember the last time I spoke to dad: Hamilton
Shanghai: British Formula One racing driver Lewis Hamilton has confessed that he has not spoken to his father for weeks after sacking him as his manager.
“I don’t remember the last time I spoke with him. I don’t think there’s any friction, but it’s not all smiles and happiness,” News of The World quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“It’s a big change so it affects all of us. He’s busy doing what he’s doing. We’ve been racing together for many, many years so it’s a big transition for him not to be coming to races any more,” he added.
The 25-year-old split from Anthony just days before the new F1 season started, and he is adamant that he does not need his father’s off-track support, despite a controversial season so far.
He also played down his F1 pal and former racer David Coulthard’s suggestion to get a new manager, and insisted: “I don’t feel the need to have anyone else with me. At the moment I take care of the personal side myself.”
The situation is totally different to his team-mate and fellow Brit Jenson Button, whose dad John and Japanese girlfriend Jessica Michibata are both roaring him on in Shanghai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann ki Baat: PM Modi calls for country to move towards 'cashless society'
- 4th round of global NCAP crash tests on Indian cars soon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM pitches for saving 'every drop' of water during Monsoon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi praises Sonowal for performing his duty despite polls
- Nearly two lakh students appear for JEE (Advanced) exam