i1 Supercar Series confirms young India drivers
New Delhi: The i1 Supercar Series on Friday confirmed the young Indian drivers who would get a chance to drive the Radical SR3 at the first ever pre-season test at Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday.
The young Indian drivers include Aditya Patel, Vishnu Prasad, Amittrajit Ghosh, Parth Ghorpade and Chirag Malhotra amongst others who would be given a chance to prove themselves in the series.
This will be the only time the drivers would get an opportunity to drive the Radical SR3 before the series takes off in January.
"We have always believed in promoting Indian driving talent and this series will give them international exposure," Darshan said.
"The pre-season test would give an opportunity for the young Indian talent to gain a lot of experience from some of the world`s finest drivers.
"We are very excited about the new series and are confident this series would be a huge success with both Indian and International audiences."
The Pre-test at the famed F1 venue will also see the unveiling of the drivers, both international and local, who will participate in the first season of the motorsport league.
As a prelude to the racing league, set to take center stage with its first race in January 2012, the drivers will get a chance to test the Radical SR3, the single make car being used for the series.
The curiosity around who would be the drivers for the series would finally be quelled with Darshan M, CEO, i1 Supercar Series announcing the impressive driver line-up on Monday.
The pre-season test would be the first time the drivers would get their hands on the powerful Radical SR3 car, noted for its speed and safety features.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket