i1 Supercar Series confirms young India drivers
New Delhi: The i1 Supercar Series on Friday confirmed the young Indian drivers who would get a chance to drive the Radical SR3 at the first ever pre-season test at Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday.
The young Indian drivers include Aditya Patel, Vishnu Prasad, Amittrajit Ghosh, Parth Ghorpade and Chirag Malhotra amongst others who would be given a chance to prove themselves in the series.
This will be the only time the drivers would get an opportunity to drive the Radical SR3 before the series takes off in January.
"We have always believed in promoting Indian driving talent and this series will give them international exposure," Darshan said.
"The pre-season test would give an opportunity for the young Indian talent to gain a lot of experience from some of the world`s finest drivers.
"We are very excited about the new series and are confident this series would be a huge success with both Indian and International audiences."
The Pre-test at the famed F1 venue will also see the unveiling of the drivers, both international and local, who will participate in the first season of the motorsport league.
As a prelude to the racing league, set to take center stage with its first race in January 2012, the drivers will get a chance to test the Radical SR3, the single make car being used for the series.
The curiosity around who would be the drivers for the series would finally be quelled with Darshan M, CEO, i1 Supercar Series announcing the impressive driver line-up on Monday.
The pre-season test would be the first time the drivers would get their hands on the powerful Radical SR3 car, noted for its speed and safety features.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon