Indian cricketers drive in fast lane at Indian F1 track
Greater Noida: Savouring their stupendous series-win over Australia, six Indian cricketers, including skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, today spent time driving on the Buddh International Circuit in India’s only Formula One track.
Dhoni rode his `X132 Hellcat`, which he bought last year, on the 5.14km long circuit. The Indian captain is known for his passion for high-speed mean machines and even owns a team in FIM Supersport World Championship.
Batting legend Sachin Tendukar, who had waved the chequered flag during the inaugural Indian Grand Prix in 2011, had a taxi ride as a BIC official drove him around the free-flowing circuit.
Paceman Ishant Sharma brought his own Audi RX5 while young batsman Virat Kohli also drove a sports car.
Spinner Pragyan Ojha rode Dhoni`s bike as well as drove Ishant`s car. Ajinkya Rahane also tasted high speed action.
Dhoni, who visited the BIC for the first, time rued his delayed visit to the circuit.
"It was an amazing experience. I think I am a bit late to come here. But surely I will come during the Super Sports series races. Driving the Hellcat was good but will bring a sports bike next time around," Dhoni said.
Kohli was also delighted as he said," It was one of the best experiences. I have never driven so fast."
The Indian team yesterday completed a historic 4-0 clean sweep over Australia by recording a six-wicket win in the fourth and final Test at the Feroze Shah Kotla stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode