Indian food a big hit among Formula One drivers
New Delhi: It`s not only the Buddh International Circuit that they admire but the variety of Indian cuisines has been a smash hit among the Formula One drivers.
Sauber`s Kamuyi Kobayashi relishes the butter chicken and 2007 World champion Kimi Raikkonen has never been to India but has a strong liking for Indian food.
Kobayashi says the last time around he could not visit the Indian capital but is keen to go around the city time.
"I haven`t seen much of the country yet. What I really love is Indian butter chicken - an Indian classic dish and one of my all-time favourites. Perhaps this year I can manage to go and visit the city of New Delhi, but it is quite far away from the track and, as it is so big, it is not easy to get your bearings there," the Japanese driver said.
Kobayashi stated they hope to continue their strong show when they race at the BIC on Sunday.
"I am keen to see what the circuit will be like when we arrive there for the second time. Last year, everything was new and the surface was very dusty. The track lay out as such should probably mean our performance will be average, which means we should be able to score points there," he said.
Finnish driver Kimi Raikkonen, who returned to F1 with a two-year contract with Lotus,
"As for India, I have never visited the country before? I have certainly enjoyed Indian restaurants in almost every country I?ve been to though!," Raikkonen, who was at one stage the highest paid F1 driver, said.
Raikkonen said that adjusting to the new track won`t be a problem for him.
"India is a brand new place for me. I`ve never seen the circuit properly. I`m not like other drivers, so I haven`t driven the simulator to learn it, but all in all it`s not that much of a tricky situation.
"I like to go to different places and the challenge of driving a new circuit is always interesting. So far, I`ve learnt tracks after a few laps in first free practise session scheduled on Fridays. I didn`t have any problems learning the Yeongam circuit that way, and I don`t expect to have any issues here either," he said.
Williams` Bruno Senna likes the unique and new venue of Formula One.
"I`m looking forward to this weekend because India has a different atmosphere to many other Grands Prix and it`s always a unique place to visit. As a new track the surface is very smooth and the layout is fast and flows well with some high speed corners which will suit our car. We should therefore be looking to improve on our performance in Korea," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh