Indian GP circuit will be ready on time: Chandhok
Silverstone: Formula One driver Karun Chandhok has exuded confidence that the Buddh International Circuit near New Delhi will be ready on time for the inaugural Indian Grand Prix.
International Automobile Federation (FIA), the governing body of Formula One Racing, had last month made a formal announcement about the restoration of the Indian Grand Prix to its original date of October 30, 2011.
The decision was taken after FIA decided to remove the Bahrain edition from the 2011 calendar in the wake of civil unrest in the Gulf Arab country.
"It`s an enormous project, especially for somebody who`s never done a race track before and especially for someone who`s doing it privately. It`s not a government project, unlike every other country apart from Silverstone.”
"So it`s a big job for them, there`s a lot to take on. It will be ready, that`s there`s no doubt. It`s going to be tough but they`re going to be ready," Chandhok was quoted as saying by a website.
Chandhok, a brand ambassador of the race organiser Jaypee Sports International, is expected to have another look at the 5.14 km circuit in August.
"I`ll be back again driving in August. I am a brand ambassador for the circuit, I`m also a consultant for the project so I`ll drive around just to iron out any bumps.”
"The last time we drove it there were some bumps on the circuit, some bits off-line and on-line, some of the joints weren`t great. There`s a lot of input I`m trying to give them to just help as much as I can because I`d like to see the Grand Prix go well," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack