Bernie gives Indian Grand Prix a miss
Greater Noida: Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has given the Indian Grand Prix a miss for the first time since the race`s inception in 2011.
"He wanted to come but he is busy with other things, including a court hearing in London next week," a source close to Ecclestone told IANS at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) here Sunday.
The business tycoon turns 83 Monday and celebrated his last two birthdays in India.
Bernie was also missing from action in the previous two races at South Korea and Japan.
His presence was missed in the paddock with many questioning the future of the sport in the country. India has been taken off the 2014 F1 calendar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral