Bernie gives Indian Grand Prix a miss
Greater Noida: Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has given the Indian Grand Prix a miss for the first time since the race`s inception in 2011.
"He wanted to come but he is busy with other things, including a court hearing in London next week," a source close to Ecclestone told IANS at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) here Sunday.
The business tycoon turns 83 Monday and celebrated his last two birthdays in India.
Bernie was also missing from action in the previous two races at South Korea and Japan.
His presence was missed in the paddock with many questioning the future of the sport in the country. India has been taken off the 2014 F1 calendar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre