Bernie gives Indian Grand Prix a miss
Greater Noida: Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has given the Indian Grand Prix a miss for the first time since the race`s inception in 2011.
"He wanted to come but he is busy with other things, including a court hearing in London next week," a source close to Ecclestone told IANS at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) here Sunday.
The business tycoon turns 83 Monday and celebrated his last two birthdays in India.
Bernie was also missing from action in the previous two races at South Korea and Japan.
His presence was missed in the paddock with many questioning the future of the sport in the country. India has been taken off the 2014 F1 calendar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!