Bernie gives Indian Grand Prix a miss
Greater Noida: Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has given the Indian Grand Prix a miss for the first time since the race`s inception in 2011.
"He wanted to come but he is busy with other things, including a court hearing in London next week," a source close to Ecclestone told IANS at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) here Sunday.
The business tycoon turns 83 Monday and celebrated his last two birthdays in India.
Bernie was also missing from action in the previous two races at South Korea and Japan.
His presence was missed in the paddock with many questioning the future of the sport in the country. India has been taken off the 2014 F1 calendar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan