Marykom to wave chequered flag at Indian GP 2013
Greater Noida: Olympic bronze medallist boxer M C Marykom will wave the chequered flag in the 2013 Indian Grand Prix to be held at the Buddh International Circuit here on Sunday.
According to sources in the Jaypee Group, the organisers of the race, Marykom has given her consent to do the honours.
In the inaugural year of the Indian GP in 2011, legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar waved the flag, while it was London Olympic bronze medallist shooter Gagan Narang last year.
Just like the past two years, the organisers are also hoping for a galaxy of stars, including cricketers, Olympians, Bollywood celebrities and politicians to attend the race on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet
- Why red snow of Arctic is a 'red alert' for the environment?
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe