Marykom to wave chequered flag at Indian GP 2013
Greater Noida: Olympic bronze medallist boxer M C Marykom will wave the chequered flag in the 2013 Indian Grand Prix to be held at the Buddh International Circuit here on Sunday.
According to sources in the Jaypee Group, the organisers of the race, Marykom has given her consent to do the honours.
In the inaugural year of the Indian GP in 2011, legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar waved the flag, while it was London Olympic bronze medallist shooter Gagan Narang last year.
Just like the past two years, the organisers are also hoping for a galaxy of stars, including cricketers, Olympians, Bollywood celebrities and politicians to attend the race on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH