Marykom to wave chequered flag at Indian GP 2013
Greater Noida: Olympic bronze medallist boxer M C Marykom will wave the chequered flag in the 2013 Indian Grand Prix to be held at the Buddh International Circuit here on Sunday.
According to sources in the Jaypee Group, the organisers of the race, Marykom has given her consent to do the honours.
In the inaugural year of the Indian GP in 2011, legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar waved the flag, while it was London Olympic bronze medallist shooter Gagan Narang last year.
Just like the past two years, the organisers are also hoping for a galaxy of stars, including cricketers, Olympians, Bollywood celebrities and politicians to attend the race on Sunday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources