Marykom to wave chequered flag at Indian GP 2013
Greater Noida: Olympic bronze medallist boxer M C Marykom will wave the chequered flag in the 2013 Indian Grand Prix to be held at the Buddh International Circuit here on Sunday.
According to sources in the Jaypee Group, the organisers of the race, Marykom has given her consent to do the honours.
In the inaugural year of the Indian GP in 2011, legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar waved the flag, while it was London Olympic bronze medallist shooter Gagan Narang last year.
Just like the past two years, the organisers are also hoping for a galaxy of stars, including cricketers, Olympians, Bollywood celebrities and politicians to attend the race on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA