Marykom to wave chequered flag at Indian GP 2013
Greater Noida: Olympic bronze medallist boxer M C Marykom will wave the chequered flag in the 2013 Indian Grand Prix to be held at the Buddh International Circuit here on Sunday.
According to sources in the Jaypee Group, the organisers of the race, Marykom has given her consent to do the honours.
In the inaugural year of the Indian GP in 2011, legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar waved the flag, while it was London Olympic bronze medallist shooter Gagan Narang last year.
Just like the past two years, the organisers are also hoping for a galaxy of stars, including cricketers, Olympians, Bollywood celebrities and politicians to attend the race on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees likely to get huge pay checks by June-July 2016
- Andrew Flintoff tells Yuvraj Singh – 'I will cut your throat off'....Read Yuvi's reply
- Bollywood 2016: Sexiest posters of the year so far
- Eat these superfoods for healthy stomach!
- Delhi Police recovers precious dagger stolen from Nehru Museum, arrests 2