Raikkonen fined for speeding in pit lane during FP1
Greater Noida: Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus on Friday was fined 400 euros for speeding in the pit lane during the first practice session of the Indian Grand Prix at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) here.
According to an FIA statement, the Finn breached Article 30.12 of the FIA F1 sporting regulations by exceeding the pit lane speed limit by 3.4 kmph, the limit of which is 80 kmph.
"The competitor (Lotus F1 team) is fined 400 euros," the statement read.
Defending champion Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull set the pace by registering a new lap record in the first practice session of the 2013 Indian Grand Prix.
Vettel made a perfect start to his preparations by pipping his teammate Mark Webber by 0.188 seconds.
Vettel, who won the 2011 and 2012 Indian GPs, recorded his best timing of 1:26.683s in just his second lap of the day.
The German, who has a chance to clinch his fourth world title this weekend, edged past team-mate Webber (1:26.871s), Mercedes` Nico Rosberg (1:26.899s) and Lotus`s Romain Grosjean (1:26.990s) to emerge as the quickest on a hazy morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview