Sachin Tendulkar’s retirement upsets F1 driver Nico Rosberg too
New Delhi: Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg is among billions who are sad at the retirement of Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar - though the German admits he is no cricket fan.
"I heard he is retiring. It is a great pity, especially for the Indian public. I met him last year when I was here for the race. He came across as a true F1 fan," said Rosberg Wednesday ahead of the Indian Grand Prix this weekend.
It is not a surprise he is not into cricket.
"The game is not popular in Germany and even in Monaco where I stay now. I have tried following it but I don`t really like it. I love football but the thing is I am not really good at it," said Rosberg at a Puma event.
He is enjoying some banter with Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh, who is also promoting the same sports and lifestyle brand.
"Yuvi and I are having some chats on Twitter these days. He seems like a fun guy. I hope to see him during the racing weekend."
Yuvraj had tweeted: "You guys wanna meet German racing star Nico Rosberg? A few of you just may be lucky enough...join the race."
Pat came Rosberg`s reply. "@YUVSTRONG12 would have been great to race against you as well! Maybe next time.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'