Sachin Tendulkar’s retirement upsets F1 driver Nico Rosberg too
New Delhi: Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg is among billions who are sad at the retirement of Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar - though the German admits he is no cricket fan.
"I heard he is retiring. It is a great pity, especially for the Indian public. I met him last year when I was here for the race. He came across as a true F1 fan," said Rosberg Wednesday ahead of the Indian Grand Prix this weekend.
It is not a surprise he is not into cricket.
"The game is not popular in Germany and even in Monaco where I stay now. I have tried following it but I don`t really like it. I love football but the thing is I am not really good at it," said Rosberg at a Puma event.
He is enjoying some banter with Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh, who is also promoting the same sports and lifestyle brand.
"Yuvi and I are having some chats on Twitter these days. He seems like a fun guy. I hope to see him during the racing weekend."
Yuvraj had tweeted: "You guys wanna meet German racing star Nico Rosberg? A few of you just may be lucky enough...join the race."
Pat came Rosberg`s reply. "@YUVSTRONG12 would have been great to race against you as well! Maybe next time.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic