Sachin Tendulkar’s retirement upsets F1 driver Nico Rosberg too
New Delhi: Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg is among billions who are sad at the retirement of Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar - though the German admits he is no cricket fan.
"I heard he is retiring. It is a great pity, especially for the Indian public. I met him last year when I was here for the race. He came across as a true F1 fan," said Rosberg Wednesday ahead of the Indian Grand Prix this weekend.
It is not a surprise he is not into cricket.
"The game is not popular in Germany and even in Monaco where I stay now. I have tried following it but I don`t really like it. I love football but the thing is I am not really good at it," said Rosberg at a Puma event.
He is enjoying some banter with Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh, who is also promoting the same sports and lifestyle brand.
"Yuvi and I are having some chats on Twitter these days. He seems like a fun guy. I hope to see him during the racing weekend."
Yuvraj had tweeted: "You guys wanna meet German racing star Nico Rosberg? A few of you just may be lucky enough...join the race."
Pat came Rosberg`s reply. "@YUVSTRONG12 would have been great to race against you as well! Maybe next time.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users