Supreme Court to hear PIL against Formula 1 event
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court has agreed to hear PIL seeking stay on Formula 1 event to be held in Noida on Saturday.
The petition was filed by one Amit Kumar seeking to stop the event on the grounds that the organiser has not paid the tax amount to the Uttar Pradesh government for the inaugural Formula 1 race held in 2011.
SC will hear the plea on Friday.
Earlier, the Akhilesh Yadav government had told the apex court that it was keen to withdraw entertainment tax exemption given by previous Mayawati-led government for the event.
The third edition of the Indian Grand Prix starts from Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?