Supreme Court to hear PIL against Formula 1 event
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court has agreed to hear PIL seeking stay on Formula 1 event to be held in Noida on Saturday.
The petition was filed by one Amit Kumar seeking to stop the event on the grounds that the organiser has not paid the tax amount to the Uttar Pradesh government for the inaugural Formula 1 race held in 2011.
SC will hear the plea on Friday.
Earlier, the Akhilesh Yadav government had told the apex court that it was keen to withdraw entertainment tax exemption given by previous Mayawati-led government for the event.
The third edition of the Indian Grand Prix starts from Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?