Indian National Rally championship from July 23
Coimbatore: The third round of Speed FMSCI Indian National Rally Championship is all set to begin on July 23.
On the first day of the two-day event, the rally will proceed to Palladam and Kethanur Service Park, the hub of the rally, where special stages were being run in and around wind mills farms in Kethanur, around 40 kms from here, D Ram Kumar, Clerck of the Course, told reporters on Tuesday.
The three Special Stages, with a total distance of 114.97 kms, are LMW 11.25 kms, Premier 14.74 kms, Textool 11.80 Kms, repeated thrice, he said.
Claiming that the special stages in this rally were rated as the best gravel stages in Indian Rally circuit by the competitors and also the spectators with excellent safety measures, Ram said the running of event will be closely monitored by Ham Radio with the support of Coimbatore Amateur Radio Club and Kodaikanal Amateur Radio Society.
The Super Special Stage will be held at PSG Ganga Naidu Charities Trust grounds, near City Airport on Sunday and the 2-km long stage has been designed by V R Naren Kumar, seven-time winner of the National Rally Championship, J Prithviraj, Secretary, Coimbatore Auto Sports Club, said.
The event has attracted 40 entries from all over India and the competitors represent various team like Team MRF, Chettinad Sporting, Kumci Sports, Kari Sports, PNR Sports and 20 private and individual participants, Prithviraj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation