Indian national rally comes to Kolkata after 10 years
Kolkata: Top guns of Indian rallying will return to the city after a gap of 10 years for the Speed Rally
de Kolkata to be held here from September 18-20.
A resurgent Team MRF, who swept the top three positions
at K-1000, and Red Rooster Racing, led by defending champion
Vikram Mathias and local hero Amittrajit Ghosh, will renew
their battle as the Indian National Rally Championship turns
East in the third of the six rounds.
The total distance of the rally will be 560.2 km,
including the super special stage (SSS).
The Kolkata round will consist of two special stages --
at Durgapur, about 165 kms from here and the SSS to be held at
Jadavpur-Santoshpur Stadium here.
The 1.8-km special stretch will be a platform for the
drivers to showcase their talent, Annabelle Manwaring,
managing director of Pro-Sports Promotion said in a press
conference here today.
While the three special stages to be run twice would
cover a distance of 113.16 km, the transport section 411.68
kms and SSS 35 km.
With a spectacular table jump, water spot, tight corners,
fast corners and exciting dips the SSS of 1.8 km is expected
to bring the rally to a thrilling close for the champagne
Current champions Red Rooster Racing with drivers Vikram
Mathias and Amittrajit Ghosh at the helm will run two cars and
will meet their challenge in former champions Team MRF.
Gaurav Gill and co driver Musa Shareef, K-1000 winners
Arjun Balu and Sujith Kumar, Lohit Urs and Chandramouli, who
won the Malaysian Rally Championship last month and Arjun Rao
Aroor, the current championship leader along with co-driver
Satish Rajagopal will shoulder the MRF challenge in four
Cedias in the 2000 N+ category.
Team DDL Sports with five entries, Team Thunderbolt with
another five and Chettinad Sporting are the other teams in the
The entries were restricted to 50 and will be accepted on
first come, first serve basis.
The top class 2000cc N+ has eight entries including a
Sponsored by Bharat Petroleum, Speed, Rally de Kolkata is
organised by Ramakrishna Race Performance Management under the
aegis of Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) and
is promoted by Pro-Sports Promotion (PSP) and IMG Sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’