Indian riders confirmed for Asian road racing
Chennai: India’s Sumit Lucas Toppo and Arunagiri Prabhu will race on their home turf, at the Madras Motor Race Track (MMRT) here, for the first time in the Asia Dream Cup that runs concurrently with the Asia Road Racing Championship next weekend.
Sumit and Arunagiri, who will be astride the Honda CBR 250R, are the second batch of Indian riders to participate in the one-make series after Gautam Mayilvaganan and Deepak Papineni made their debut last year.
“Taking part in the Asia Dream Cup has been an eye-opening experience. Not only do I get to compete along some of the most talented young riders in Asia and improve my riding skills but we are also constantly exposed to the technical side of racing from people who have deep knowledge of the sport,” said Sumit, who was a runner-up in the Group C category at the Indian National Motorcycle Championship last year.
“We feel highly motivated for our home-race because if there is any chance we can stamp our mark, the MMRT would be it. None of the other riders have been there before so our experience racing there will certainly be an advantage."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details