Indian riders confirmed for Asian road racing
Chennai: India’s Sumit Lucas Toppo and Arunagiri Prabhu will race on their home turf, at the Madras Motor Race Track (MMRT) here, for the first time in the Asia Dream Cup that runs concurrently with the Asia Road Racing Championship next weekend.
Sumit and Arunagiri, who will be astride the Honda CBR 250R, are the second batch of Indian riders to participate in the one-make series after Gautam Mayilvaganan and Deepak Papineni made their debut last year.
“Taking part in the Asia Dream Cup has been an eye-opening experience. Not only do I get to compete along some of the most talented young riders in Asia and improve my riding skills but we are also constantly exposed to the technical side of racing from people who have deep knowledge of the sport,” said Sumit, who was a runner-up in the Group C category at the Indian National Motorcycle Championship last year.
“We feel highly motivated for our home-race because if there is any chance we can stamp our mark, the MMRT would be it. None of the other riders have been there before so our experience racing there will certainly be an advantage."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know