Indian riders confirmed for Asian road racing
Chennai: India’s Sumit Lucas Toppo and Arunagiri Prabhu will race on their home turf, at the Madras Motor Race Track (MMRT) here, for the first time in the Asia Dream Cup that runs concurrently with the Asia Road Racing Championship next weekend.
Sumit and Arunagiri, who will be astride the Honda CBR 250R, are the second batch of Indian riders to participate in the one-make series after Gautam Mayilvaganan and Deepak Papineni made their debut last year.
“Taking part in the Asia Dream Cup has been an eye-opening experience. Not only do I get to compete along some of the most talented young riders in Asia and improve my riding skills but we are also constantly exposed to the technical side of racing from people who have deep knowledge of the sport,” said Sumit, who was a runner-up in the Group C category at the Indian National Motorcycle Championship last year.
“We feel highly motivated for our home-race because if there is any chance we can stamp our mark, the MMRT would be it. None of the other riders have been there before so our experience racing there will certainly be an advantage."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read