India’s Sailesh Bolisetti 13th in Eurocar race
Nogaro (France): Indian driver Sailesh Bolisetti of team Scorpus Racing finished a credible 13th on his first eventful race outing in the Euro Racecar series here at the Circuit Paul Armagnac.
Having qualified 18th, Bolisetti immediately put his underlying pace to good use and set out to claw his way back up the grid in the 450 bhp Chevrolet Corvette here Sunday.
After passing a couple of cars on the opening lap, he seemed to have the pace for a top-10 finish but some mechanical issues with the braking system prevented him from making required progress.
"I have done some tough races in the rain and thunderstorms, but I think this was the toughest race I have ever been in, despite the fact that the track was dry and sun was shining," said Bolisetti.
Meanwhile, in the FIA GT series race held at the same venue, India`s Karun Chandhok and his team-mate Jay Seyffarth finished sixth after qualifying 11th.
The team was looking good for a podium finish, but a slow pitstop to change tyres cost precious seconds and they eventually finished sixth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown