India’s Sailesh Bolisetti 13th in Eurocar race
Nogaro (France): Indian driver Sailesh Bolisetti of team Scorpus Racing finished a credible 13th on his first eventful race outing in the Euro Racecar series here at the Circuit Paul Armagnac.
Having qualified 18th, Bolisetti immediately put his underlying pace to good use and set out to claw his way back up the grid in the 450 bhp Chevrolet Corvette here Sunday.
After passing a couple of cars on the opening lap, he seemed to have the pace for a top-10 finish but some mechanical issues with the braking system prevented him from making required progress.
"I have done some tough races in the rain and thunderstorms, but I think this was the toughest race I have ever been in, despite the fact that the track was dry and sun was shining," said Bolisetti.
Meanwhile, in the FIA GT series race held at the same venue, India`s Karun Chandhok and his team-mate Jay Seyffarth finished sixth after qualifying 11th.
The team was looking good for a podium finish, but a slow pitstop to change tyres cost precious seconds and they eventually finished sixth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan