India’s Sailesh Bolisetti 13th in Eurocar race
Nogaro (France): Indian driver Sailesh Bolisetti of team Scorpus Racing finished a credible 13th on his first eventful race outing in the Euro Racecar series here at the Circuit Paul Armagnac.
Having qualified 18th, Bolisetti immediately put his underlying pace to good use and set out to claw his way back up the grid in the 450 bhp Chevrolet Corvette here Sunday.
After passing a couple of cars on the opening lap, he seemed to have the pace for a top-10 finish but some mechanical issues with the braking system prevented him from making required progress.
"I have done some tough races in the rain and thunderstorms, but I think this was the toughest race I have ever been in, despite the fact that the track was dry and sun was shining," said Bolisetti.
Meanwhile, in the FIA GT series race held at the same venue, India`s Karun Chandhok and his team-mate Jay Seyffarth finished sixth after qualifying 11th.
The team was looking good for a podium finish, but a slow pitstop to change tyres cost precious seconds and they eventually finished sixth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming