Irvine handed six-month jail sentence for club brawl
Rome: Ex-Formula One driver Eddie Irvine was Thursday sentenced to six months in prison for brawling over a woman in an Italian nightclub.
The incident, for which Gabriele Moratti, the son of the then-Milan mayor, also received a six-month sentence, took place in December, 2008, when the two men came to blows at the city`s Hollywood night spot, a court was told.
Irvine claimed Moratti struck him first while the Italian alleged the former F1 driver had smashed a glass in his face.
However, Irvine will not serve any of his sentence as in Italian law all sentences under two years are automatically suspended.
Irvine retired in 2002 after 10 years as an F1 racer, including a four-year spell at Italian team Ferrari.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram