Italian GP: Force India drivers fail to make Q3
Monza: Sahara Force India`s chances of snatching back the fifth place from McLaren were dented by a poor qualifying as Adrian Sutil managed 14th and Paul di Resta 16 place on the grid for Sunday`s Italian Grand Prix, here.
Both the Force India drivers were eliminated in Q2 when Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber and Nico Rosberg came out for their final laps in the dying moments of the session.
Both the McLaren drivers will start ahead of Force India cars which means the British side will have the chance to increase the lead over the Indian side.
Sergio Perez will start eighth and former champion Jenson Button ninth.
McLaren (65) had snatched fifth place from Force India (61) in the last race at Spa by taking a four-point lead, courtesy Button`s sixth-place finish.
Defending champion Sebastian Vettel grabbed the pole, his fourth of the season, and joining him in the front row is his Red Bull teammate Mark Webber.
Nico Hulkenberg was a surprise third in his Sauber while Felipe Massa out-qualified his Ferrai teammate Fernando Alonso. They are fourth and fifth respectively.
Nico Rosberg was sixth in his Mercedes and following him is Daniel Ricciardo in his Toro Rosso.
Jean-Eric Vergne claimed the 10th spot in second Toro Rosso.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'