Italian GP: Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber top F1 practice
Monza: Sebastian Vettel topped the times ahead of Mark Webber as Red Bull dominated Friday afternoon`s second free practice session for this weekend`s Italian Grand Prix.
The defending triple world champion was fastest throughout and clocked a best lap time of one minute and 24.453 seconds at Monza, leaving the German six-tenths of a second clear of the field.
Australian Webber was second ahead of Finn Kimi Raikkonen and his Lotus team-mate, Frenchman Romain Grosjean, with Spaniard Fernando Alonso fifth for Ferrari and Briton Lewis Hamilton sixth for Mercedes.
Hamilton had been fastest in the morning`s opening session ahead of Alonso but the pair were unable to mount a serious threat in the afternoon heat as the Red Bull duo delivered a stunning demonstration of consistent speed at the Autodromo Nazionale.
Hamilton`s Mercedes teammate German Nico Rosberg was seventh ahead of Brazilian Felipe Massa in the second Ferrari and the two improved McLarens of Briton Jenson Button and Mexican Sergio Perez.
On a hot late summer`s afternoon in the former royal park north of Milan, the air temperature was 30 degrees and the track temperature 44 degrees, a combination that ensured hot tyres under a clear blue sky.
Defending champion Vettel`s form was a blow to his rivals as he holds a clear lead in the drivers` standings with 197 points, ahead of Alonso on 151 and Hamilton on 139.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa