Italian Superbike racer dies in fatal crash
Moscow: Italian Superbike racer Andrea Antonelli died after a crash at the World Championship`s Moscow round Sunday, local police said.
The event was held in the Volokolamsk district of Moscow region in torrential conditions. The collision happened on the approach to the final corner, involving Antonelli and other two racers, according to the police.
"Three racers were injured in a collision, and one of them, an Italian, died of the injuries suffered," a regional police spokesperson told reporters.
The slippery conditions caused many leading riders to crash out in the event, including pole sitter Davide Guigliano.
The race and following events of the day were cancelled due to the fatal accident. The Russian Investigation Committee confirmed the death of Antonelli, saying a preliminary inquest is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad
- Panel's report reignites debate over Clinton and Benghazi
- Women subjected to torture by Mexican police, armed forces: Report
- Cameron tells EU free movement reform `key` to post-Brexit ties: UK govt source
- Shocking! Teenage girl gang-raped inside Delhi school by friend, security guard