Italian Superbike racer dies in fatal crash
Moscow: Italian Superbike racer Andrea Antonelli died after a crash at the World Championship`s Moscow round Sunday, local police said.
The event was held in the Volokolamsk district of Moscow region in torrential conditions. The collision happened on the approach to the final corner, involving Antonelli and other two racers, according to the police.
"Three racers were injured in a collision, and one of them, an Italian, died of the injuries suffered," a regional police spokesperson told reporters.
The slippery conditions caused many leading riders to crash out in the event, including pole sitter Davide Guigliano.
The race and following events of the day were cancelled due to the fatal accident. The Russian Investigation Committee confirmed the death of Antonelli, saying a preliminary inquest is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!