Italian Superbike racer dies in fatal crash
Moscow: Italian Superbike racer Andrea Antonelli died after a crash at the World Championship`s Moscow round Sunday, local police said.
The event was held in the Volokolamsk district of Moscow region in torrential conditions. The collision happened on the approach to the final corner, involving Antonelli and other two racers, according to the police.
"Three racers were injured in a collision, and one of them, an Italian, died of the injuries suffered," a regional police spokesperson told reporters.
The slippery conditions caused many leading riders to crash out in the event, including pole sitter Davide Guigliano.
The race and following events of the day were cancelled due to the fatal accident. The Russian Investigation Committee confirmed the death of Antonelli, saying a preliminary inquest is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP