Jehan Daruvala secures double podium at Larkhall
New Delhi: Sahara Force India Academy driver, Jehan Daruvala, was back on the podium last weekend at the third round of the KFJ British Kart Championships in Larkhall, Scotland.
The 14-year-old Indian racer was on the pace from the start of practice and finished second and third in the two heats on Saturday afternoon.
Jehan then repeated that performance on Sunday, picking up points for two podium finishes. The strong showing saw Jehan end the event second overall.
The result keeps Jehan in the hunt for the 2013 KFJ Series crown just 13 points behind Daniel Ticktum.
Jehan will be back in action at Clay Pigeon, in Dorset, at the end of August for the fourth round of British Series.
"Qualifying went off well and I finished the first heat in second place. For the second heat I came third, but I was able to match the pace of the drivers ahead of me. In the opening final, I started second and finished second, just half a second behind the winner," said Jehan.
"In the second final I was determined to try to take the lead on lap two, but the move didn`t work out and I dropped down to third. The results mean I`m still in a good position in the championship and it`s another valuable learning experience for me," he added.
Sahara Force India driver mentor, Terry Fullerton said: "Jehan showed great pace all weekend and finished a very close second in the third round of the series at Larkhall. It was important to pick up enough points to strengthen his position in the championship and with three events still to go he`s very much in the hunt for the KFJ crown."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY