Jenson Button admits poor McLaren form a strain
London: Former world champion Jenson Button has admitted he is struggling mentally with his McLaren team`s poor 2013 season form.
Having spent the last four years with McLaren and Brawn before that fighting for Grand Prix victories and the world title, which he claimed in 2009 with Brawn, this season has been one of midfield mediocrity.
The 33-year-old`s best result was a fifth at the Chinese Grand Prix and he currently sits ninth in the overall standings.
"McLaren is known for being at the front, fighting for race wins, and definitely fighting for podiums pretty much every grand prix. So when you don`t have that it`s mentally very tough," he said.
"I`ve had bad seasons before, so I know how tough it can be, but for McLaren it`s something that doesn`t happen very often.
"But it`s really helped us because you fine tune every single detail when you are in that position, to get every hundredth of a second out of every part on the car."
This season has been Button`s worst since he finished 18th overall for the hapless Honda team in 2008, that only one year later, having been bought out by former Ferrari team principal Ross Brawn, would deliver him the world title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack