Jenson Button admits poor McLaren form a strain
London: Former world champion Jenson Button has admitted he is struggling mentally with his McLaren team`s poor 2013 season form.
Having spent the last four years with McLaren and Brawn before that fighting for Grand Prix victories and the world title, which he claimed in 2009 with Brawn, this season has been one of midfield mediocrity.
The 33-year-old`s best result was a fifth at the Chinese Grand Prix and he currently sits ninth in the overall standings.
"McLaren is known for being at the front, fighting for race wins, and definitely fighting for podiums pretty much every grand prix. So when you don`t have that it`s mentally very tough," he said.
"I`ve had bad seasons before, so I know how tough it can be, but for McLaren it`s something that doesn`t happen very often.
"But it`s really helped us because you fine tune every single detail when you are in that position, to get every hundredth of a second out of every part on the car."
This season has been Button`s worst since he finished 18th overall for the hapless Honda team in 2008, that only one year later, having been bought out by former Ferrari team principal Ross Brawn, would deliver him the world title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog