Jenson Button aiming at second spot in constructors’ championship
London: Formula One ace Jenson Button is desperate to mark the end of his partnership with departing teammate Lewis Hamilton by securing a second spot in the constructors’ championship and hand McLaren a 10 million pound bonus
Hamilton joins Mercedes after Sunday’s final Grand Prix of the season in Brazil, and Button reckons it would be the perfect parting gift.
Red Bull wrapped up the title in the United States at the weekend and Ferrari are currently 14 points ahead of McLaren, with the difference between finishing second and third around 10 million pounds.
“We’re 14 behind them now, which is still quite a few. We took eight points off them in Austin, so we need to almost double that in Brazil and I think we can do it if we both have a perfect weekend,” a daily quoted Button, as saying.
“That has to be our aim for the end of the year. Even though we can’t win the constructors’, second place still does mean so much to the team. It’s a lot of money and this is the team I race for, so it does mean a lot for the future,” he added.
While McLaren lagged in gaining points ahead of Ferrari, Button still remained confidents about covering up the gap.
“We scored good points in Austin, with Lewis picking up a maximum. But it was still a little bit frustrating because we didn’t gain as many points on Ferrari as we should have done, [but] we’re competitive and we’ve a chance of beating Ferrari,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened