Jenson Button backs Sochi Grand Prix
Moscow: Former world champion Jenson Button has given his backing to next year`s Sochi Formula One Grand Prix.
Speaking at the annual Moscow City Racing event on Sunday, the British 2009 Formula One champion expressed his support for discovering new venues at which to stage F1 races.
"As a driver I`m really excited and looking forward to race at the new Grand Prix and in a new country as well," the 33-year-old said.
"There`s lot of interest in Formula One in Russia and a lot of passionate fans of these races (at the Moscow City Racing event).
"It`s great for the fans to hear, to smell and to feel the Formula One cars` speed.
"It`s nice to see that motor sports are receiving more and more recognition in Russia."
A Russian Grand Prix has been added to the F1 calendar from 2014 to 2020 and is due to be held at the new Sochi Olympic Park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP