Jenson Button backs Sochi Grand Prix
Moscow: Former world champion Jenson Button has given his backing to next year`s Sochi Formula One Grand Prix.
Speaking at the annual Moscow City Racing event on Sunday, the British 2009 Formula One champion expressed his support for discovering new venues at which to stage F1 races.
"As a driver I`m really excited and looking forward to race at the new Grand Prix and in a new country as well," the 33-year-old said.
"There`s lot of interest in Formula One in Russia and a lot of passionate fans of these races (at the Moscow City Racing event).
"It`s great for the fans to hear, to smell and to feel the Formula One cars` speed.
"It`s nice to see that motor sports are receiving more and more recognition in Russia."
A Russian Grand Prix has been added to the F1 calendar from 2014 to 2020 and is due to be held at the new Sochi Olympic Park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!