Jenson Button backs Sochi Grand Prix
Moscow: Former world champion Jenson Button has given his backing to next year`s Sochi Formula One Grand Prix.
Speaking at the annual Moscow City Racing event on Sunday, the British 2009 Formula One champion expressed his support for discovering new venues at which to stage F1 races.
"As a driver I`m really excited and looking forward to race at the new Grand Prix and in a new country as well," the 33-year-old said.
"There`s lot of interest in Formula One in Russia and a lot of passionate fans of these races (at the Moscow City Racing event).
"It`s great for the fans to hear, to smell and to feel the Formula One cars` speed.
"It`s nice to see that motor sports are receiving more and more recognition in Russia."
A Russian Grand Prix has been added to the F1 calendar from 2014 to 2020 and is due to be held at the new Sochi Olympic Park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!