Jenson Button clocks fastest time in rain-hit German GP practice
Hockenheim, Germany: Jenson Button drove the fastest lap in the first practice session for the German Grand Prix on Friday, ahead of McLaren teammate Lewis Hamilton.
Hamilton will be driving in his 100th Formula One grand prix on Sunday.
With light rain hitting the circuit on and off, Button set the pace with a lap of 1 minute, 16.595 seconds - edging Hamilton by .498 seconds.
Championship leader Fernando Alonso was third in a Ferrari, ahead of Michael Schumacher in a Mercedes.
A second practice session is scheduled for Friday afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says