Jenson Button clocks fastest time in rain-hit German GP practice
Hockenheim, Germany: Jenson Button drove the fastest lap in the first practice session for the German Grand Prix on Friday, ahead of McLaren teammate Lewis Hamilton.
Hamilton will be driving in his 100th Formula One grand prix on Sunday.
With light rain hitting the circuit on and off, Button set the pace with a lap of 1 minute, 16.595 seconds - edging Hamilton by .498 seconds.
Championship leader Fernando Alonso was third in a Ferrari, ahead of Michael Schumacher in a Mercedes.
A second practice session is scheduled for Friday afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown