Jenson Button clocks fastest time in rain-hit German GP practice
Hockenheim, Germany: Jenson Button drove the fastest lap in the first practice session for the German Grand Prix on Friday, ahead of McLaren teammate Lewis Hamilton.
Hamilton will be driving in his 100th Formula One grand prix on Sunday.
With light rain hitting the circuit on and off, Button set the pace with a lap of 1 minute, 16.595 seconds - edging Hamilton by .498 seconds.
Championship leader Fernando Alonso was third in a Ferrari, ahead of Michael Schumacher in a Mercedes.
A second practice session is scheduled for Friday afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- B-schools not doing enough to bridge skills gap: Survey
- BMW recalls 120,000 cars over Takata air bags
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury
- Politicians must restrain from making comments on 2nd term of Rajan: Assocham
- India's forex reserves down $121.3 mn to $360.90 bn