Jenson Button fastest once more in morning test
British former Formula One world champion Jenson Button led the way for a second consecutive day after Thursday`s morning session on day three of pre-season testing in Jerez, southern Spain.
Button, who was given an extra morning session on the track ahead of Danish rookie Kevin Magnussen by McLaren after the new MP4-29 wasn`t ready to start testing on Tuesday, posted the best time of 1min 25.030 secs.
Two-time world champion Fernando Alonso was just under half a second behind as he got to grips with the F14-T on his first outing of the week.
Lewis Hamilton was back in third as Mercedes continued to pile on miles. After teammate Nico Rosberg`s 97 lap effort on Wednesday, the Englishman completed 45 laps in the first three hours on Thursday morning.
It was another disastrous morning for reigning double world champions Red Bull as Australian Daniel Ricciardo got his first taste of action in the RB10.
However, it didn`t last long as having completed just 14 laps in the previous two days with Sebastian Vettel on board, Ricciardo didn`t even make it through one installation lap before smoke began to emanate from the back of the car and it was dragged away by the marshals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India