Jenson Button hoping ``tricky`` McLaren car would do well following difficult tests
London: Ace driver Jenson Button has expressed hope McLaren will come good after few troubles during the test days, and he admitted they are struggling to fully understand this year``s car.
The 33-year-old revealed that the winners of the final two races of last season are prepared to take the pain of being less competitive in the new car than the old at the opening round in 26 days time because the MP4-28 has more development potential over a long season, the Daily Mirror reports.
Button said that McLaren had opted for a radical new design rather than a more modest development of the current car because it would bring greater gains as the season progressed.
The Brit added is has been a very difficult few test days for him in terms of mileage, adding it has been very tricky to understand where the car is: at times the car feels good, at other times it doesn``t.
Button added a lot of that is basically understanding the car that they have and making sure it``s working as we expect it to be working, adding some of the time that hasn``t been the case so that``s why it``s been a tricky winter so far.
Button said, however, as you can see there is times when the car``s working pretty well, adding at Jerez McLaren showed pace, they also showed that they didn``t have pace at other times.
Button added they don``t know where they are and there``s no point trying to compare themselves to other people, adding they have got to sort out their own issues and get the best out of the car that they have.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Delhi High Court notice to CBI in Chhota Rajan fake passport case
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in Brussels for EU talks
- Know the final recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in a nutshell
- Malala Yousafzai becomes millionaire with book sales, lectures