Jenson Button hoping "tricky" McLaren car would do well following difficult tests
London: Ace driver Jenson Button has expressed hope McLaren will come good after few troubles during the test days, and he admitted they are struggling to fully understand this year``s car.
The 33-year-old revealed that the winners of the final two races of last season are prepared to take the pain of being less competitive in the new car than the old at the opening round in 26 days time because the MP4-28 has more development potential over a long season, the Daily Mirror reports.
Button said that McLaren had opted for a radical new design rather than a more modest development of the current car because it would bring greater gains as the season progressed.
The Brit added is has been a very difficult few test days for him in terms of mileage, adding it has been very tricky to understand where the car is: at times the car feels good, at other times it doesn``t.
Button added a lot of that is basically understanding the car that they have and making sure it``s working as we expect it to be working, adding some of the time that hasn``t been the case so that``s why it``s been a tricky winter so far.
Button said, however, as you can see there is times when the car``s working pretty well, adding at Jerez McLaren showed pace, they also showed that they didn``t have pace at other times.
Button added they don``t know where they are and there``s no point trying to compare themselves to other people, adding they have got to sort out their own issues and get the best out of the car that they have.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla