Jenson Button signs one-year extension deal with McLaren
London: Formula One driver Jenson Button had signed a deal with McLaren for one more year, months ago, and the decision is set to be announced soon.
According to the Mirror, it had been thought the 33-year-old would sign a three or four year contract with the Woking-based team.
The revelation came as the Woking operation landed the coup of the year on Monday in luring design genius Peter Prodromou from champions Red Bull, the report said.
Level headed Button is seen as the only top driver who can work with any of his rivals, the report added.
Sources at Red Bull and Ferrari admit the Brit is on their wanted list, while at the end of next year all the top teams will be in a state of flux over their driver line-up, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'