Jenson Button signs one-year extension deal with McLaren
London: Formula One driver Jenson Button had signed a deal with McLaren for one more year, months ago, and the decision is set to be announced soon.
According to the Mirror, it had been thought the 33-year-old would sign a three or four year contract with the Woking-based team.
The revelation came as the Woking operation landed the coup of the year on Monday in luring design genius Peter Prodromou from champions Red Bull, the report said.
Level headed Button is seen as the only top driver who can work with any of his rivals, the report added.
Sources at Red Bull and Ferrari admit the Brit is on their wanted list, while at the end of next year all the top teams will be in a state of flux over their driver line-up, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city