JK Tyre introduces exclusive series for India`s U-20 racers
New Delhi: With an aim to give Indian racers the exposure to drive technically advanced cars, JK Tyre has replaced their Asia Series with Formula BMW series which will be exclusive for country`s under-20 racing talents.
Last year JK Racing Asia series was held at various Asian and European venues but this time the five-round series will be held at three places, out of which the third round is marked as a street race, which may be held at picturesque Srinagar.
The season will kick off at Coimbatore (July 19-21) and then move to Chennai (Aug 9-11). The fourth (Sep 27-29) and fifth rounds (Nov 29-Dec 1) will be held at Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida.
The organisers have not yet got a security clearance from FIA, world governing body of the game, for the Srinagar race due to safety concerns on a street circuit.
If Srinagar does not get go ahead, the races of round three will be held at either Goa or Pune from September 6-8.
The Formula BMW series will be held with the technical expertise of renowned racing team Eurointernational, winner of several Formula championships globally.
Eurointernational will provide their superior cars for the series, in which 12 Indian drivers would compete. They will bring FB02 cars with Mygale Chassis powered by 1.2 ltr BMW bike engines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?