Jorge Lorenzo wins Japan MotoGP
Motegi: Jorge Lorenzo won the Japan Grand Prix on Sunday ahead of Marc Marquez meaning the MotoGP world championship will be decided in the final race of the season.
The Yamaha rider Lorenzo outperformed championship leader Marquez on a Honda, who came in second after a spectacular showdown, followed by Dani Pedrosa, also on a Honda.
Marquez now has 318 points in the championship, a 13-point gap over his fellow Spaniard Lorenzo with a maximum 25 points left in the season.
Valencia in a fortnight will be the first time in seven years that the world title has gone down to the wire.
Marquez, 20, is bidding to become the youngest ever MotoGP world champion and first rookie title winner for 35 years.
Conditions at the mountainous Motegi circuit were dry and sunny on Sunday, after dense fog and torrential rain forced the cancellation of free practice on Friday and Saturday.
In a practice session hours before the race, Marquez crashed at high speed although he walked away unscathed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor